Highlights from TheNewsMarket: November 2021
Over the last month, the sporting calendar has been packed with exciting events such as the T20 cricket tournament in Dubai, the US Grand Prix and the return of Champions League football in Europe. And there’s a lot more to look forward to.
On October 27, there were just 100 days to go until the start of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Beijing. The IOC President, Thomas Bach, used the occasion to praise the preparations.
November 2 also marked 1,000 days until the start of the Olympic Games Paris 2024.
Other sport-related stories included the launch of a new collection from Fila celebrating the U.S. basketball legend Grant Hill.
Reebok also announced the expansion of ‘The Official Shoe of Fitness’, the Nano X1. Its latest pack launch is inspired by human anatomy.
You can expect a lot more sports-related content on thenewsmarket.com in the run-up to the Beijing 2022 Winter Games.
Top 5 most viewed stories in October
- IMF / Middle East and Central Asia October 2021 Regional Economic Outlook – The IMF press briefing on the economic recovery in the Middle East and Central Asia region is our top story this month.
- IMF Asia Economic Outlook Inflation Philippines – Another IMF announcement takes second place, a report on the impact of Covid-19 and other factors on Asia’s economic growth.
- IMF / World Economic Outlook October 2021 Forecast – Our third most viewed story is yet again IMF declaring it’s lowering the global growth projection for 2021.
- Independent study reveals that shifting in−store QSR dining to reusable tableware would be equivalent to adding an extra 1 million petrol cars on Europe’s roads – Huhtamaki calls on the EU and other global institutions to use evidence such as the Ramboll LCA to drive its decision making to ensure the best possible solutions for both consumers and environment.
- The 1971 Lamborghini Countach LP 500 reconstruction is officially unveiled at a special event – The Lamborghini Countach LP 500 was the headliner at the “Countach LP 500: The Shakedown” event at the Vizzola Ticino racetrack.
Coming up in November…
- It’s World Vegan Month!
- The COP26 summit is finally upon us and will run until 12 November.
- MOVE 2021 will take place in London ExCel 9-10 November.
- Europe’s largest business event – The Business Show 2021 – is returning on the 24th & 25th of November.