Highlights from TheNewsMarket: June 2021
As many regions tiptoe their way out of the worst of the pandemic, the subject of sustainability is returning as a main driver of the news agenda. With the COP26 summit on the horizon, we’re seeing many brands starting to publish more stories about their CSR initiatives and their eco-innovations.
In May we supported a number of major announcements and reveals from the automotive sector, particularly in the green mobility space.
To help support our clients and to help them gain maximum traction for their stories, we launched GreenNewsMarket in April. It’s a hub of news, features, quotes, brand-owned stories, and copyright-free media assets.
Automobili Lamborghini surprised the world’s media when it announced its ‘roadmap to electrification’, with a fully electric Lambo due in the second part of the decade. The announcement was covered by the likes of CNN, Sky Italia and The Guardian newspaper.
SEAT’s CUPRA brand also joined the electric mobility party. On May 25th it unveiled the CUPRA Born, its first all-electric vehicle which will hit the streets later this year.
In another sign that we are edging back to some degree of normality, crowds are now being allowed into sport grounds for major events such as the French Open tennis tournament in Paris. Ahead of UEFA EURO 2020 (yes, it’s still officially called that), the UEFA Foundation for Children and partners announced plans to hold seven Football for Unity festivals in host cities, as an ongoing initiative to combat all forms of discrimination.
Top 5 most viewed stories in May
- Genesis delivers Korean luxury to Europe – this month’s top story was from Genesis Motor Europe announcing that it is bringing a range of premium luxury cars to Europe in summer 2021.
- Schenck Process with strong start into 2021: Record high in order intake and launch of digital brand – Schenck Process takes second place with an impressive Q1 financial performance, order intake up 44%!
- New Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO2: racing in style – Inspired by minimalism and lightness, Lamborghini announces the Huracán Super Trofeo EVO2.
- Genesis reveals the G70 Shooting Brake – another one from Genesis, as it transforms the award-winning Genesis G70 sedan into an iconic Shooting Brake
- Photogrammetry: your car’s VAR – SEAT became the first manufacturer to implement a large-scale continuous non-contact measurement on the production line.
Coming up in June…
- It’s Pride month, a celebration of diversity.
- Postponed last year due to the COVID-19 outbreak, UEFA 2020 is finally kicking off on June 11.
- Now in its 3rd year, London Climate Action Week starts on June 26.
- Mobile World Congress in Barcelona returns on Monday, June 28.