Highlights from TheNewsMarket: September 2021
Back in the day, the summer months (especially August), were known as the ‘silly season’ by journalists here in the UK, and other parts of Europe. The reason, there was simply no important news. Europe’s political institutions are traditionally closed, and many companies tended to save their major announcements for later in the year. Frustrated journalists were often reduced to cover stories about frivolous subjects.
We’re happy to announce that the silly season (or cucumber time, as it’s called in some countries) is no more. This year, there has, of course, been a number of major international news stories and big sporting events. But brands are also starting to take the opportunity to gain media coverage and ‘share of voice’ during the summer months by launching new products, services, collaborations, advertising campaigns, collections, and ESG initiatives.
Reebok has launched a number of partnerships in August, such as this one with the tennis brand Prince.
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) launched a new ad campaign called “The Greatest Arena on Earth”.
There were also a number of new car launches in August, such as Kia America’s 2022 Niro EV.
Do visit TheNewsMarket from 3 September onwards for daily news stories, interviews and copyright-free images from SHIFT Mobility and IAA Mobility in Munich.
Top 5 most viewed stories in August
- Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4: Our legacy to the future – The top story from this month is in celebration of the Countach’s 50th anniversary, the patriarch of modern super sports cars and Lamborghini design.
- GENESIS GV60 ELECTRIC CAR REVEALED – Genesis has officially revealed exterior and interior images of the GV60, its first dedicated electric platform-based vehicle.
- Cardi B x Reebok Introduce Second Apparel Collection – Following the mass success of her first apparel collection, Reebok and Cardi B have launched their latest capsule, ‘Let Me Be… In My World’ inspired by Cardi’s hometown of NYC.
- Kia announces July 2021 global sales – Kia recorded total global sales of 241,399 units in July 2021, a 10.4% increase year over year.
- PLEASURES x Reebok Team Up to Reimagine the Club C Legacy and OG Club C 85 – Another from Reebok, a dual drop reimagining this iconic shoe with their fourth collaborative project with PLEASURES.
Coming up in September…
- The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games will conclude on Sunday, 5 September.
- The first major auto show in Europe returns from 7-12 September, IAA Mobility 2021 will make its debut in Munich.
- Focusing this year on ‘Safe and Healthy with Sustainable Mobility’– European Mobility Week takes place between 16-22 September.
- London Tech Week – the influential tech event in Europe – returns 20 September.